Sunday, June 10, 2007

The search continues


What is going on in the world today? When did everything start to fall apart? Where was I? After loosing a good friend I have discovered and old value that I once set into stone for my life...If you are not doing what you want to be doing then what is the point... I am not on this planet to work as a servant for money hungry crooks, to consume, spend, and repeat until I die. That's a waste of life, disrespect to life and just plain old boring. If you are wasting time then you obviously have no value in life itself, worthless living...robotic... At one point in my life I had the ambition and ventured into the unknown and feasted upon the life's energy, gazed at the end of the world and then kept on walking, there is never an end, its just an illusion. The unknown is not unknown people just call it that. What they might be trying to state is the fact that they are content with and have settled for their time spent, The everyday routine becomes a crutch, something people can depend on. I have always been asked the same question throughout my life, what do you do? Do for what, is my usual reply. For work they say, talk of jobs and education is almost always next. I listen to what they have to say and then state my rebuttal…. I work the least I can, my life is too important to waste and explain that half of my year is spent working so the other half of the year I can enjoy the mountains. I guess that either I look or act like a total uneducated person or everyone is really concerned with what the other guy does for work. I cannot relate to them on any level. Now I have neither Harvard degree nor any degree for that matter, but I have educated myself with worldly things, adventures and life itself. To me that is something, to others its nothing, but inside I know that what I spent my life doing was worthwhile and not a waist. To many it probably sounds like hogwash but to those that really know what life is really worth is makes perfect sense. The lure of the unknown is too powerful to stop my search, so it will continue. I have subconsciously been traveling in search for these things most of my life. The second question I hear after the first long drawn out conversation seems to be…where will it take you? To be honest, I have no idea but it has never bothered me or failed to exceed my expectations in life. To me and the very small population of like-minded individuals life is worth living not trying to make it through the standard daily grind for the weekly paycheck to pay all the bills that good credit can afford.

Yep, once again I am searching for the elusive addiction. Once again the map and compass (I mean GPS and Goggle Earth) are the best ways to travel, the streams with no trail are the exact areas that I will be targeting. Funny though, I'm back at the place that I always wanted to leave. As a kid the thought of fish in far away destinations always sounded so grand, believe me it still does today but not at this point in my life. I spent more than the last decade tracking the big fish dream but fishing at home has a mystic about it that I cannot quite figure out. So off in search of that treasure that we all seek, mine is somewhere on a map that looks like small squiggly blue lines and holds a bounty of native cutthroat trout. There are so many of these small streams and river systems but each is unique in its own way and each holds its own treasures. Target…Cutthroat, they seem live in the most pristine environments, where man has not disrupted nature's life, where clean clear pure mountain water is a must and the land is in its own harmony. This usually means that it's far, remote and not an easy task to get there. For me this means that it’s a place seldom visited which makes my brain think about all the possibilities. I ponder this area sometimes for only a second before I have map in front of me planning the trek to sooth my soul. So, this summer and fall will be a great adventure and I have already started the search.


No comments: