Friday, February 15, 2008

Winter Midge Fishing - w/ Snowshoes


Today's adventure was a bit of a workout. We had decided to target an area that is covered in snow and has not seen another soul for quite sometime. In order to get there we need to bust out the snowshoes ans walk a few miles. I must say the hike in was very rewarding. Animal activity was high and if you paid attention there was much to see. From a single moose laying in the snow to a herd of deer taking shelter in the lone patch of trees. I can't even remember how many Bald Eagles we encountered, each time was impressive. How many deer do you see?




The highlight of today adventures wasn't the fishing, it actually sucked. I think Nate got one, I think it was on top. I lost interest after the 2,000th cast with nothing. The hatch was obsolete at best. It was the wildlife. The return hike home was had similar results. I was happy to get out of the house and enjoy a stroll in the mountains. But I hate when I get a big fat zero for the day. But it will also be a memorable one.

I think I am going to do it again, hopefully I can bring one to hand this time.


Fisher: Nate Miller enjoying a bit of solitude

Location: Wherever the snowshoes take you

No comments: